Top Ten Tips for Sensitive People
* Respect and nurture yourself – remember you are sensitive, NOT weak!
* Protect your feelings – develop boundaries, limit risks.
* Appreciate your gifts – intuition and creativity grow with use.
* Manage change – smaller steps are preferable.
* Avoid over-stimulation – not too many activities or people.
* Practise meditation – daily for best results.
* Heal old pain – to lighten the load on your nervous system.
* Develop your spirituality – explore and go deeper.
* Protect your sleep – time to settle, soothing activity in evening.
* Simplify and organise – untidiness and disorder over-stimulate.
How sensitive are you?
* Are you aware of your feelings?
* Are your feelings easily bruised?
* Do you have a vivid imagination?
* Do good ideas come easily to you?
* Do you need time alone?
* Are you attracted to the deeper things, spirituality, self-development,
* Do you feel bothered if there’s a lot going on?
* Are you a quiet sort of person?
* Does noise bother you more than others?
* Are you easily touched by other’s experience, stories of kindness, courage
* Have you been moved to tears by beauty, in nature, art or music?
* Do you tend towards shyness?
* Do others tell you you’re ‘too sensitive’?
* Do you feel somehow different from others? (maybe even flawed in some
* Do you easily read others’moods and feelings?
* Do you easily sense the energies of places or situations?
Tests can only provide a guide. The more of these questions you answered yes
to, the more sensitive you are likely to be. Eight or more and you are
probably highly sensitive.
About the Author
Linda Markley, an HSP herself, wrote this article after noticing how many
people with this gift are attracted to her work. One of the bonuses HSPs
enjoy in her groups is being with others like themselves. Linda’s work helps
people be, create & enjoy their maximum potential. Her groups focus on the
issues around which past conditioning tends to limit us most, like
prosperity & fulfilling relationships. www.clovercoaching.com