7 Ways to Keep Your Energy Level High
1. Drink plenty of water. Keeping hydrated will help you avoid fatigue. If
you are outdoors, keep a water bottle with you.
2. Stay active. Movement increases energy and will help you feel mentally
alert. Check with your physician first, and then use a form of exercise that
is safe and enjoyable for you.
3. Play and relax. Do something each day that is fun for you. It will give
you a boost of mental energy.
Keep a “favorite things” list so you’ll always have ideas for ways to enjoy
a spare moment. Visit a neighbor or call a friend, and definitely stay
around positive people who make you feel energetic.
4. Declutter your environment. Clutter produces stress, and stress. Take
that stack of magazines you haven’t touched for six months, and throw it
out. Also, do all those little things you’ve been putting off. They all add
up to stress, and their elimination will provide a greater sense of energy
5. Feed your body well. Food is your body’s fuel.
Eating small balanced meals more often (e.g., every four or five hours) will
provide your body with good nutrition and energy. Eat plenty of vegetables,
fruits, and grains of a type that your body tolerates.
6. Get plenty of sleep. Although the amount of sleep needed will vary with
each person, a good rule of thumb is to go to sleep at the same time each
evening and wake up at the same time each morning. Make the room you sleep
in the most relaxing and peaceful room in your home.
7. Express your emotions. Emotions are simply “energy in motion.” Bottling
up emotions brings feelings of fatigue as you block the energy flow. If you
are frustrated with another person, discuss it right away instead of letting
it burn inside. Writing is another great way of expressing emotions. Keep a
daily journal of your thoughts, experiences, and feelings.