Keep in mind:
The meek shall inherit the earth because the aggressive people of the world will trample their face into it!
Despite the Biblical decree, if you always turn the other cheek all you’ll end up with is a completely sore face.
To encourage positive and discourage offensive behavior:
• Do not reward behaviors in others that you wish to eliminate.
• Follow actor Alan Alda’s advice: “Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they’re fair with you.”
• Learn to speak up assertively.
• Do not reward unkind behavior from others.
• If someone treats you badly, say so – do not smile and pretend it’s okay.
Remember: Think well, act well, feel well, be well!
Copyright by Clifford N. Lazarus, Ph.D.